CS/CS/SB 1556: Nondiscrimination in Organ Transplants
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Banking and Insurance ; Bean
Nondiscrimination in Organ Transplants; Prohibiting certain entities from making certain determinations or engaging in certain actions related to organ transplants solely on the basis of an individual’s disability; specifying an instance where certain entities may consider an individual’s disability, with an exception; requiring certain entities to take certain necessary steps to ensure an individual with a disability is not denied services, with exceptions; prohibiting certain individual and group health insurers and health maintenance organizations, respectively, from denying coverage for organ transplants solely on the basis of an individual’s disability under certain circumstances, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 1179 -SJ 652
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Policy; Banking and Insurance; Appropriations -SJ 116
• Introduced -SJ 116
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 01/28/20, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 214
• Now in Banking and Insurance
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/11/20, 2:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 307
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations
• CS by Banking and Insurance read 1st time -SJ 310
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 357
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 361
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/20 -SJ 653
• Read 2nd time -SJ 652
• Substituted CS/HB 1179 -SJ 652
• Laid on Table, refer to CS/HB 1179 -SJ 652
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.