CS/HB 1185: Ethics Reform
GENERAL BILL by Public Integrity and Ethics Committee ; Brannan
Ethics Reform; Repeals provisions relating to state, state university, & community college employee lobbyists; prohibits certain public service announcements by specified entities or persons; prohibits certain public officers & employees from soliciting employment & contractual relationships; provides exception & disclosure requirements; revises lobbyist registration, compensation report, principal designation cancellation, & investigation requirements.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Ethics and Elections
Bill Text: PDF
- Ethics and Elections (EE)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 104
• Introduced -HJ 104
• On Committee agenda-- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee, 01/23/20, 9:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 434
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Public Integrity and Ethics Committee read 1st time -HJ 432
• Original reference(s) removed: Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee
• CS referred to State Affairs Committee -HJ 438
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 438
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/13/20, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -HJ 569
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 569
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/26/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 653
• Read 3rd time -HJ 653
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 653
• In Messages
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 475
• Received -SJ 474
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Ethics and Elections
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.