CS/HB 1211: Credit for Reinsurance
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Jones ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Jacquet
Credit for Reinsurance; Transfers specified powers & duties of Commissioner of Insurance Regulation to OIR; requires credits for reinsurance to be allowed to ceding insurers; provides requirements for assuming insurers in order for such credits to be allowed; requires assuming insurers to have & maintain on ongoing basis minimum capital & surplus, or its equivalent, and, if applicable, minimum capital & surplus equivalents & central fund; requires assuming insurers to have & maintain on ongoing basis minimum solvency or capital ratio; requires assuming insurers to provide security in specified amount; authorizes ceding insurers & their representatives to seek orders requiring assuming insurers to post security for certain liabilities; authorizes office to revoke & suspend eligibility of assuming insurers under specified circumstance.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 House - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Introduced -HJ 108
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 399
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 01/28/20, 3:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 463
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 463
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/04/20, 12:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 505
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 505
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/20/20, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 629
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 626
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 638
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.