CS/HB 1275: Amusement Rides
GENERAL BILL by Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee ; Pritchett ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Davis
Amusement Rides; Provides & revises requirements related to amusement rides, including amusement ride managers, permanent amusement ride annual permits, temporary amusement ride permits, testing of amusement rides, exemptions from safety standards, inspection standards, & compliance certifications; revises standards for rules adopted by DACS relating to amusement rides; provides procedures for introduction & examination of witnesses & evidence in examinations & investigations conducted by DACS; revises civil penalties.
• Introduced -HJ 113
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 400
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 01/28/20, 12:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 449
• Now in Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 449
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/03/20, 3:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 487
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Agriculture and Natural Resources Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 485
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 503
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/13/20, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 576
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 576
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/26/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 654
• Amendment(s) adopted (179027, 466517) -HJ 660
• Read 3rd time -HJ 660
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 660
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 475
• Received -SJ 475
• Withdrawn from Appropriations -SJ 775
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 1228 -SJ 775
• Read 2nd time -SJ 775
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 854
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 855
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1255
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-141
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.