CS/SB 1366: Trusts
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Gruters
Trusts; Authorizing trustees of certain trusts to reimburse persons being treated as the owner of the trust for specified amounts and in a specified manner; prohibiting certain policies, values, and proceeds from being used for such reimbursement; requiring that specified powers be granted to certain persons if the terms of the trust require a trustee to act at the direction or with the consent of such persons or that specified decisions be made directly by such persons, etc.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1089 (Ch. 2020-70) -SJ 588
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Banking and Insurance; Rules -SJ 101
• Introduced -SJ 101
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 02/11/20, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 307
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Banking and Insurance
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 309
• On Committee agenda-- Banking and Insurance, 02/19/20, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Banking and Insurance; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/02/20, 12:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 374
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20 -SJ 518
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 518
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 550
• Read 2nd time -SJ 588
• Substituted CS/HB 1089 -SJ 588
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1089 (Ch. 2020-70) -SJ 588
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.