CS/CS/SB 1676: Direct Care Workers
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Health Policy ; Albritton
Direct Care Workers; Authorizing nursing home facilities to use paid feeding assistants in accordance with specified federal law under certain circumstances; authorizing home health aides to administer certain prescription medications under certain conditions; authorizing certified nursing assistants or home health aides to perform certain tasks delegated by a registered nurse; creating the Excellence in Home Health Program within the Agency for Health Care Administration for a specified purpose; requiring certain licensees to provide specified information about their employees in a survey beginning on a specified date, etc. APPROPRIATION: $1,035,786
Last Action: 3/10/2020 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 607 (Ch. 2020-9) -SJ 601
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (AHS)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 164
• Introduced -SJ 163
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 01/28/20, 1:30 pm, 412 Knott Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 02/04/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 250
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, 02/18/20, 4:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; YEAS 7 NAYS 3 -SJ 347
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/03/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 4 -SJ 461
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 465
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/20 -SJ 653
• Read 2nd time -SJ 598
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 607 -SJ 601
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 607 (Ch. 2020-9) -SJ 601
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.