SB 172: Florida Drug and Cosmetic Act
GENERAL BILL by Bradley
Florida Drug and Cosmetic Act; Preempting the regulation of over-the-counter proprietary drugs or cosmetics to the state, etc.
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Innovation, Industry, and Technology (IT)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 16
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 10/14/19, 4:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 3 NAYS 1 -SJ 132
• Now in Innovation, Industry, and Technology
• On Committee agenda-- Innovation, Industry, and Technology, 11/04/19, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Innovation, Industry, and Technology; YEAS 8 NAYS 2 -SJ 133
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/15/20, 8:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 16
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 12 NAYS 4 -SJ 154
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/22/20 -SJ 153
• Read 2nd time -SJ 151
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 201
• Passed; YEAS 25 NAYS 14 -SJ 201
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 809
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/20
• Received -HJ 809
• Read 2nd time -HJ 993
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1029
• Passed; YEAS 68 NAYS 47 -HJ 1029
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 659
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-118
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.