CS/CS/SB 178: Public Financing of Construction Projects
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Infrastructure and Security ; Rodriguez ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Berman
Public Financing of Construction Projects; Prohibiting state-financed constructors from commencing construction of certain structures in coastal areas after a specified date without first taking certain steps regarding a sea level impact projection study; requiring the Department of Environmental Protection to develop by rule a standard for such studies; providing that such rule operates prospectively on projects that have not yet commenced as of the finalization of the rule, etc.
Last Action: 6/30/2020 - Chapter No. 2020-119
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Environment and Natural Resources (EN)
- Infrastructure and Security (IS)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government (AEG)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Environment and Natural Resources; Infrastructure and Security; Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; Appropriations -SJ 17
• On Committee agenda-- Environment and Natural Resources, 11/04/19, 4:00 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Environment and Natural Resources; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 132
• Now in Infrastructure and Security
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 12/09/19, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 133
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government
• Introduced -SJ 17
• CS by Infrastructure and Security read 1st time -SJ 121
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government, 02/13/20, 10:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Agriculture, Environment, and General Government; YEAS 9 NAYS 1 -SJ 326
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 357
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 358
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/05/20 -SJ 461
• Read 2nd time -SJ 443
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 508
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 508
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 997
• Received -HJ 997
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/10/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 1041
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1081
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 1081
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 725
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-119
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.