CS/CS/HB 241: Domestic Violence Injunctions
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Criminal Justice Subcommittee ; Killebrew ; Silvers ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Altman ; Andrade ; Cortes ; Daley ; Eskamani ; Good ; Grieco ; Mercado ; Omphroy ; Plasencia ; Polo ; Polsky ; Santiago ; Sirois ; Slosberg
Domestic Violence Injunctions; Authorizes court to take certain actions regarding care, possession, or control of animal in domestic violence actions.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 House - Laid on Table Companion bill(s) CS/SB 1082 passed -HJ 1070
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Criminal Justice Subcommittee; Justice Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 24
• Introduced -HJ 24
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice Subcommittee, 01/21/20, 10:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 420
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Original reference(s) removed: Justice Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 419
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 419
• CS by Criminal Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 417
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/06/20, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 528
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 519
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 529
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 898
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 975
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 1020
• Laid on Table Companion bill(s) CS/SB 1082 passed -HJ 1070
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.