CS/HB 309: Prohibited Acts by Health Care Practitioners
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Massullo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Duran ; Grieco ; Stevenson
Prohibited Acts by Health Care Practitioners; Prohibits licensed health care practitioners from using specified names or titles under certain circumstances; requires Department of Health to issue cease & desist notice to licensed health care practitioner for specified violations; provides for service of notice & penalties.
Last Action: 2/14/2020 House - CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 572
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Health Quality Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 29
• On Committee agenda-- Health Quality Subcommittee, 11/13/19, 9:30 am, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by Health Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 2 -HJ 294
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 294
• Introduced -HJ 29
• On Committee agenda-- Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/21/20, 12:30 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 420
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 420
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/12/20, 10:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 576
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 575
• CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 572
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.