CS/CS/SB 500: Prohibited Acts by Health Care Practitioners
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Health Policy ; Harrell
Prohibited Acts by Health Care Practitioners; Prohibiting specified acts by health care practitioners relating to specialty designations; authorizing the Department of Health to enforce compliance with the act; authorizing the department to take specified disciplinary action against health care practitioners in violation of the act, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 House - Died in Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 39
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 01/14/20, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 39
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 154
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 185
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/05/20, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/06/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Meeting cancelled
• Favorable by Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 268
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/26/20, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/02/20, 12:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• CS/CS by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 461
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/09/20 -SJ 550
• CS/CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 463
• Read 2nd time -SJ 548
• Read 3rd time -SJ 548
• CS passed; YEAS 35 NAYS 1 -SJ 548, 549
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.