CS/CS/HB 343: Recreational Vehicle Industries
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Business and Professions Subcommittee ; Fetterhoff ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fernandez-Barquin
Recreational Vehicle Industries; Creates & revises provisions for recreational vehicle parks relating to permit applications, preemption of permitting standards to DOH, transient guests, standards for rebuilding after damage or destruction, abandoned property, park operator authority to refuse access & eject guests & visitors, & certain immunity from liability; requires DACS to adopt rules for establishment & administration of certain examinations; authorizes certain qualifiers to engage in service & repair of recreational vehicles; requires specified LP gas experience or certification to apply for master qualifier certification.
Last Action: 6/30/2020 - Chapter No. 2020-126, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 921 (Ch. 2020-135)
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Business and Professions Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee; Commerce Committee -HJ 31
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 01/15/20, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 31
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 395
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Business and Professions Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 379
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 410
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 01/30/20, 11:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by State Affairs Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -HJ 472
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 472
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/13/20, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 23 NAYS 0 -HJ 581
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 584
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 583
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/26/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 646
• Read 3rd time -HJ 646
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 646
• In Messages
• Referred to Infrastructure and Security; Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 469
• Received -SJ 469
• Withdrawn from Infrastructure and Security; Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 682
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 422 -SJ 682
• Read 2nd time -SJ 682
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 728
• CS passed; YEAS 35 NAYS 1 -SJ 728
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1171
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-126, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 921 (Ch. 2020-135)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.