HB 469: Real Estate Conveyances
GENERAL BILL by Duggan ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Fernandez-Barquin
Real Estate Conveyances; Providing that subscribing witnesses are not required to validate certain instruments conveying or pertaining to a lease of real property, etc.
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Business and Professions Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 39
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 12/12/19, 9:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 325
• Now in Business and Professions Subcommittee -HJ 325
• On Committee agenda-- Business and Professions Subcommittee, 01/15/20, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Introduced -HJ 39
• Favorable by Business and Professions Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 391
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 391
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 01/23/20, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 440
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 440
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/05/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 492
• Amendment(s) adopted (031327) -HJ 492
• Read 3rd time -HJ 492
• Passed as amended; YEAS 117 NAYS 0 -HJ 492
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 313
• Received -SJ 313
• Withdrawn from Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 406
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for SB 1224 -SJ 407
• Read 2nd time -SJ 407
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 459
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 459
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 805
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-102
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.