CS/SB 48: Declawing of Cats
GENERAL BILL by Agriculture ; Book
Declawing of Cats; Prohibiting a person from performing a declawing on a cat within this state; providing an exception; providing that a veterinarian who performs a prohibited declawing is subject to disciplinary action by the Board of Veterinary Medicine, etc.
Last Action: 1/31/2020 Senate - Now in Innovation, Industry, and Technology
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Agriculture; Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 8
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture, 01/14/20, 2:30 pm, 301 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• Introduced -SJ 8
• On Committee agenda-- Agriculture, 01/28/20, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• CS by Agriculture; YEAS 4 NAYS 1 -SJ 215
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Agriculture read 1st time -SJ 217
• Now in Innovation, Industry, and Technology
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.