CS/HB 487: Fire Prevention and Control
GENERAL BILL by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee ; Fetterhoff ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Caruso ; Cortes ; Fischer ; LaMarca ; Newton ; Stark ; Stevenson ; Webb ; Zika
Fire Prevention and Control; Creates Firefighter Cancer Decontamination Equipment Grant Program for certain purposes; requires Division of State Fire Marshal to administer program & annually award grants to qualifying fire departments; requires State Fire Marshal to adopt rules & procedures; provides eligibility requirements; provides requirements for grant recipients; provides appropriation. APPROPRIATION: $250,000
Last Action: 3/10/2020 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 1092 (Ch. 2020-96) -HJ 1070
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Insurance and Banking Subcommittee, 12/11/19, 4:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Insurance and Banking Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 304
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 304
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 01/15/20, 1:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Introduced -HJ 40
• CS by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -HJ 395
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 380
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 410
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 01/30/20, 11:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -HJ 477
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 477
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 1092 (Ch. 2020-96) -HJ 1070
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.