CS/HB 491: Disposition of Surplus Funds by Candidates
GENERAL BILL by Public Integrity and Ethics Committee ; Payne ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Cortes
Disposition of Surplus Funds by Candidates; Prohibits candidate from donating surplus campaign funds to charitable organization that employs candidate; provides candidate may give funds that have not been spent or obligated to state or political subdivision.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in returning Messages
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee, 12/12/19, 9:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 317
• Now in Public Integrity and Ethics Committee -HJ 317
• Introduced -HJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Public Integrity and Ethics Committee, 01/23/20, 9:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Public Integrity and Ethics Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 438
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 438
• CS by Public Integrity and Ethics Committee read 1st time -HJ 437
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 01/30/20, 11:30 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 477
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 477
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/19/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 589
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 612
• CS passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 612
• In Messages
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 365
• Received -SJ 365
• Withdrawn from Ethics and Elections; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 683
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 814 -SJ 683
• Read 2nd time -SJ 683
• Amendment(s) pending (557896) -SJ 684
• Temporarily postponed -SJ 684
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 724
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 845
• Pending amendment(s), withdrawn (557896) -SJ 875
• Amendment(s) adopted (609638) -SJ 875
• Read 3rd time -SJ 877
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 877
• In returning messages
• Amendment(s) to House amendment(s) failed (938405) -HJ 1204
• Amendment(s) to Senate amendment(s) adopted (427809) -HJ 1203, 1204
• Concurred in Senate amendment(s) as amended (609638) -HJ 1202, 1204
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 73 NAYS 37 -HJ 1204
• In returning messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in returning Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.