SB 518: Cardiac Screening for Newborns
Cardiac Screening for Newborns; Revising components that are included in the postpartum evaluation and followup care required to be provided by birth centers to include a cardiac screening of the newborn; requiring hospitals that provide birthing services to provide a postpartum evaluation that includes the cardiovascular screening of each newborn, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 01/14/20, 2:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 40
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 153
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.