CS/CS/SB 524: Sales Tax Holiday for Disaster Preparedness Supplies
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Finance and Tax ; Gruters
Sales Tax Holiday for Disaster Preparedness Supplies; Providing exemptions from the sales and use tax for specified disaster preparedness supplies during a specified timeframe; providing applicability for certain exemptions; specifying locations where the exemptions do not apply, etc. APPROPRIATION: $70,072
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Commerce and Tourism; Finance and Tax; Appropriations -SJ 41
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 11/12/19, 10:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 132
• Now in Finance and Tax
• Introduced -SJ 40
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 02/13/20, 12:30 pm, 401 Senate Building
• CS by Finance and Tax; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations
• CS by Finance and Tax read 1st time -SJ 327
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 02/27/20, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -SJ 357
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 358
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.