CS/CS/HB 571: Vehicle and Vessel Registration Data and Functionality
GENERAL BILL by State Affairs Committee ; Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee ; Fernandez-Barquin
Vehicle and Vessel Registration Data and Functionality; Requires tax collector to determine service charges collected by privately owned license plate agents for motor vehicle titles & registrations & for vessel titles & registrations; requires license plate agent to enter into contract with tax collector; specifies tax collection systems for which certain fees may be used for integration with Florida Real Time Vehicle Information System; requires DHSMV to provide tax collectors & their approved vendors with same data access & interface functionality as provided to other third parties; specifies authorized uses for such data & functionality; requires tax collectors & their approved license plate agents to enter into memorandum of understanding with DHSMV.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 House - Died on Calendar
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 47
• Introduced -HJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee, 01/21/20, 12:30 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 420
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 419
• CS by Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 418
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/03/20, 3:00 pm, Reed Hall
• Favorable by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 486
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 486
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/20/20, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• CS/CS by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 19 NAYS 0 -HJ 639
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by State Affairs Committee read 1st time -HJ 633
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 665
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died on Calendar
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.