HB 593: Disability Retirement Benefits
GENERAL BILL by Williamson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Andrade ; Cortes ; Trumbull ; Zika
Disability Retirement Benefits; Allows members receiving care at federal Veterans' Health Administration facilities to use certification by specified number of physicians working at such facilities as proof of total & permanent disability.
Last Action: 3/9/2020 House - Laid on Table - Companion bill(s) SB 936 passed -HJ 994
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; State Affairs Committee -HJ 49
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee, 01/16/20, 9:00 am, Morris Hall
• Introduced -HJ 48
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 395
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 396
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 01/29/20, 12:30 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 29 NAYS 0 -HJ 471
• Now in State Affairs Committee -HJ 471
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 02/13/20, 8:00 am, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 569
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 569
• Laid on Table - Companion bill(s) SB 936 passed -HJ 994
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.