CS/HB 6507: Relief/Clifford Williams/State of Florida
CLAIMS/GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Daniels ; Fischer ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Bush ; Davis ; DuBose ; Hill ; Killebrew ; Roach ; Valdes
Relief/Clifford Williams/State of Florida; Provides appropriation to compensate Clifford Williams for being wrongfully incarcerated for 43 years; directs CFO to draw warrant payable to specified trust; provides that act does not waive certain defenses or increase state’s limits of liability. CLAIM WITH APPROPRIATION: $2,150,000
Last Action: 3/9/2020 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 28 (Ch. 2020-186) -HJ 994
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 263
• Introduced -HJ 262
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 01/22/20, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 440
• Now in Appropriations Committee -HJ 440
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Committee, 02/18/20, 11:30 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Appropriations Committee; YEAS 27 NAYS 0 -HJ 606
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 606
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/26/20, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -HJ 694
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 693
• CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 692
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 28 (Ch. 2020-186) -HJ 994
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.