HB 7009: Penalties for Violations of the Constitutional Prohibition Against Abuse of Public Position
GENERAL BILL by Public Integrity and Ethics Committee ; Byrd
Penalties for Violations of the Constitutional Prohibition Against Abuse of Public Position; Reenacts provisions relating to penalties.
• Referred to State Affairs Committee -HJ 264
• On Committee agenda-- State Affairs Committee, 01/16/20, 2:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Introduced -HJ 264
• Favorable by- State Affairs Committee; YEAS 24 NAYS 0 -HJ 396
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 396
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 01/29/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 454
• Read 3rd time -HJ 454
• Passed; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 454
• In Messages
• Referred to Ethics and Elections; Rules -SJ 254
• Withdrawn from Ethics and Elections; Rules -SJ 238
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for SB 7006 -SJ 238
• Received -SJ 254
• Read 2nd time -SJ 238
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 257
• Passed; YEAS 36 NAYS 0 -SJ 257
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 564
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-182
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.