SB 7048: Public Records/Public Shelter Space
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Infrastructure and Security
Public Records/Public Shelter Space; Creating an exemption from public records requirements for the name, address, and telephone number of a person which are held by an agency providing shelter or assistance to such person during an emergency; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 House - Died in Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Submitted for consideration by Infrastructure and Security
• On Committee agenda-- Infrastructure and Security, 02/03/20, 4:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Submitted as Committee Bill and Reported Favorably by Infrastructure and Security; YEAS 8 NAYS 0
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 270
• Introduced -SJ 270
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/17/20, 1:30 pm, 301 Senate Building
• Favorable by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 4 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 02/26/20, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/02/20, 12:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 374
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/05/20 -SJ 461
• Read 2nd time -SJ 424
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 485
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 485
• In Messages
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.