HB 7071: Contingency Risk Multipliers
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Beltran ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Maggard ; Sabatini
Contingency Risk Multipliers; Provides that, for certain attorney fees awarded for claims arising under property insurance policies, strong presumption is created that lodestar fee is sufficient & reasonable; limits circumstances for rebuttal.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Banking and Insurance
Bill Text: PDF
- Banking and Insurance (BI)
- Judiciary (JU)
- Rules (RC)
• Introduced -HJ 480
• Referred to Commerce Committee -HJ 485
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/13/20, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 7 -HJ 577
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 577
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 714
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 739
• Passed; YEAS 72 NAYS 46 -HJ 740
• In Messages
• Referred to Banking and Insurance; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 478
• Received -SJ 478
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Banking and Insurance
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.