CS/CS/HB 7079: Education
GENERAL BILL by Education Committee ; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee ; PreK-12 Innovation Subcommittee ; Aloupis ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Rodriguez, A.M.
Education; Revises provisions relating to DOE powers & duties, Florida Partnership for Minority and Underrepresented Student Achievement, statewide assessment program, turnaround options & plans, school grading system, & turnaround school supplemental services allocation.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Education, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 641 (Ch. 2020-94)
Bill Text: PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Education Committee -HJ 525
• Introduced -HJ 512
• On Committee agenda-- PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/10/20, 1:30 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -HJ 534
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Education Committee -HJ 547
• CS by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 533
• On Committee agenda-- Education Committee, 02/18/20, 3:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS/CS by- Education Committee; YEAS 13 NAYS 3 -HJ 639
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 638
• CS/CS by Education Committee read 1st time -HJ 638
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 902
• Amendment(s) adopted (141393, 177341, 456069, 480151, 863257, 903163, 957307) -HJ 902, 905
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 9799
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 105 NAYS 11 -HJ 979
• In Messages
• Referred to Education; Appropriations -SJ 566
• Received -SJ 565
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Education, companion bill(s) passed, see HB 641 (Ch. 2020-94)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.