CS/CS/HB 733: Marketable Record Title Act
GENERAL BILL by Judiciary Committee ; Civil Justice Subcommittee ; Smith, D. ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Ausley
Marketable Record Title Act; Revises rights not affected or extinguished by marketable record titles; revises what types of interests are extinguished by marketable record title; provides that discriminatory restrictions are unlawful & unenforceable; provides certain discriminatory restrictions are extinguished & severed from recorded title transactions; provides requirements for parcel owner to remove discriminatory restriction from covenant or restriction; requires persons with certain interests in land which may be extinguished to file notice to preserve such interests.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Judiciary
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Civil Justice Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; Judiciary Committee -HJ 61
• Introduced -HJ 61
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 01/22/20, 8:30 am, Sumner Hall
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 438
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Civil Justice Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 437
• Original reference(s) removed: Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee
• CS referred to Judiciary Committee -HJ 444
• Now in Judiciary Committee -HJ 444
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary Committee, 02/06/20, 12:00 pm, Sumner Hall
• CS/CS by- Judiciary Committee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 528
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS/CS by Judiciary Committee read 1st time -HJ 522
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 529
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 896
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 972
• CS passed; YEAS 115 NAYS 0 -HJ 972
• In Messages
• Referred to Judiciary; Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Rules -SJ 554
• Received -SJ 554
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Judiciary
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.