CS/CS/HB 755: Pub. Rec. and Meetings/Public Safety Communication Systems
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Energy and Utilities Subcommittee ; DuBose
Pub. Rec. and Meetings/Public Safety Communication Systems; Provides exemption from public records & public meeting requirements for certain documents which depict structural elements of, & geographical maps indicating locations of, certain 911, E911, or public safety radio communication system infrastructure, facilities, or structures; provides for retroactive application; requires recording & transcription of exempt portions of meetings; provides an exception; provides for future legislative review & repeal of exemptions; provides statement of public necessity.
Last Action: 3/10/2020 House - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1060 (Ch. 2020-13) -HJ 1070
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 62
• Introduced -HJ 62
• On Committee agenda-- Energy and Utilities Subcommittee, 01/21/20, 10:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 412
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• Now in Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee -HJ 419
• CS by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 418
• On Committee agenda-- Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee, 02/04/20, 3:30 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by Oversight, Transparency and Public Management Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 504
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 504
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/13/20, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 22 NAYS 0 -HJ 581
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 581
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 578
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Temporarily postponed, on 2nd Reading -HJ 939
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 1060 (Ch. 2020-13) -HJ 1070
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.