CS/HB 835: Alzheimer's Disease
GENERAL BILL by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee ; Willhite ; Plakon ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Brown ; Caruso ; Daley ; Eskamani ; Fernandez ; Gottlieb ; Grieco ; Hogan Johnson ; Joseph ; Killebrew ; LaMarca ; Leek ; Maggard ; Newton ; Silvers ; Stark ; Thompson ; Williams
Alzheimer's Disease; Requires state agencies to provide assistance to Alzheimer's Disease Advisory Committee; creates position of Dementia Director within DOEA; requires Secretary of Elderly Affairs to appoint director; authorizes director to call upon certain agencies for assistance; provides duties & responsibilities of director; revises name of memory disorder clinic in Orange County.
• Referred to Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; Appropriations Committee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 71
• Introduced -HJ 70
• PCS on Committee agenda-- Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee, 02/04/20, 3:30 pm, 12 HOB
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee; YEAS 15 NAYS 0 -HJ 516
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Children, Families and Seniors Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 514
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Committee
• CS referred to Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 525
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 525
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/18/20, 3:00 pm, Morris Hall
• Favorable by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -HJ 607
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 607
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/06/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 939
• Amendment(s) adopted (065489) -HJ 939
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Temporarily postponed, on 3rd Reading -HJ 989
• Read 3rd time -HJ 1021
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 118 NAYS 0 -HJ 1021
• In Messages
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 656
• Withdrawn from Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 635
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for SB 1542 -SJ 635
• Received -SJ 656
• Read 2nd time -SJ 635
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 681
• CS passed; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 681
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1128
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-45
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.