SB 886: Errors in Deeds
GENERAL BILL by Powell
Errors in Deeds; Providing that a deed containing a scrivener’s error conveys title as if there had been no such error if certain requirements are met; providing a form for a curative notice; requiring the clerks of the circuit court to accept and record curative notices; providing for the operation of a curative notice, etc.
- Judiciary (JU)
- Commerce and Tourism (CM)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Judiciary; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 67
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 12/10/19, 2:00 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Judiciary; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 131
• Now in Commerce and Tourism
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 01/14/20, 2:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 67
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 154
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 01/29/20, 1:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 214
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/04/20 -SJ 228
• Read 2nd time -SJ 227
• Amendment(s) adopted (199466) -SJ 227
• Read 3rd time -SJ 227
• Passed as amended; YEAS 39 NAYS 0 -SJ 227,228
• Immediately certified -SJ 228
• In Messages
• Referred to Calendar -HJ 510
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/12/20
• Received -HJ 510
• Substituted for CS/HB 567 -HJ 544
• Read 2nd time -HJ 544
• Amendment(s) adopted (220329) -HJ 544
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 563
• Passed as amended; YEAS 116 NAYS 0 -HJ 563
• In returning messages
• Concurred in 1 amendment(s) (220329) -SJ 843
• Passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 843
• Ordered engrossed, then enrolled -SJ 843
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-33
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.