CS/HB 89: Adoption Records
GENERAL BILL by Health and Human Services Committee ; Stark ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Eskamani ; Fernandez-Barquin ; Geller ; Gottlieb ; Joseph ; Mercado ; Polo ; Polsky ; Silvers ; Slosberg ; Stone ; Webb
Adoption Records; Provides that name & identity of birth parent, adoptive parent, & adoptee may be disclosed from adoption records without court order.
• Referred to Health Quality Subcommittee; Civil Justice Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 14
• On Committee agenda-- Health Quality Subcommittee, 11/06/19, 9:30 am, Mashburn Hall
• Favorable by Health Quality Subcommittee; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -HJ 285
• Now in Civil Justice Subcommittee -HJ 285
• Introduced -HJ 14
• On Committee agenda-- Civil Justice Subcommittee, 01/29/20, 8:00 am, Sumner Hall
• Favorable by Civil Justice Subcommittee; YEAS 13 NAYS 0 -HJ 477
• Now in Health and Human Services Committee -HJ 477
• On Committee agenda-- Health and Human Services Committee, 02/18/20, 3:00 pm, Morris Hall
• CS by- Health and Human Services Committee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 628
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Health and Human Services Committee read 1st time -HJ 623
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 638
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 711
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ
• CS passed; YEAS 119 NAYS 0 -HJ 735
• In Messages
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 468
• Received -SJ 468
• Withdrawn from Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Judiciary; Rules -SJ 772
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 302 -SJ 772
• Read 2nd time -SJ 772
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 854
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 2 -SJ 854
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 1255
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-42
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.