CS/HB 969: Broadband Internet Service
GENERAL BILL by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee ; Drake ; Ausley
Broadband Internet Service; Authorizes certain funds within State Transportation Trust Fund to be used for certain broadband infrastructure projects within or adjacent to multiuse corridors; requires DOT to give priority to certain projects; designates DEO as lead state agency to facilitate expansion of broadband Internet service; requires DEO to work with certain entities; creates Florida Office of Broadband in DEO; provides purpose & duties of office.
• Referred to Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 83
• Introduced -HJ 83
• On Committee agenda-- Energy and Utilities Subcommittee, 01/21/20, 10:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Energy and Utilities Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -HJ 421
• Now in Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 421
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/03/20, 3:00 pm, Reed Hall
• CS by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 12 NAYS 0 -HJ 487
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Transportation and Tourism Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 485
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 503
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/13/20, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• Favorable by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 18 NAYS 0 -HJ 576
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 576
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 02/26/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 650
• Read 3rd time -HJ 650
• CS passed; YEAS 114 NAYS 0 -HJ 650
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 416
• Received -SJ 416
• Withdrawn from Appropriations -SJ 418
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/CS/SB 1166 -SJ 419
• Read 2nd time -SJ 418
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 481
• CS passed; YEAS 37 NAYS 0 -SJ 482
• Ordered enrolled -HJ 941
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2020-26
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.