CS/CS/HB 991: Lottery Games
GENERAL BILL by Commerce Committee ; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee ; Robinson ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Sabatini ; Webb
Lottery Games; Prohibits electronic device from being used to play any lottery game; prohibits DOL from authorizing operation of specified lottery game; requires DOL to include specified warning in all advertisements & promotions of lottery games; requires contracts between DOL & vendor to require vendor to print specified warning on all lottery tickets.
Last Action: 3/14/2020 Senate - Died in Innovation, Industry, and Technology
Bill Text: PDF
- Innovation, Industry, and Technology (IT)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Gaming Control Subcommittee; Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; Commerce Committee -HJ 85
• Introduced -HJ 85
• On Committee agenda-- Gaming Control Subcommittee, 01/27/20, 1:00 pm, Webster Hall
• Favorable by Gaming Control Subcommittee; YEAS 14 NAYS 1 -HJ 448
• Now in Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee -HJ 448
• On Committee agenda-- Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee, 02/11/20, 1:30 pm, Mashburn Hall
• CS by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee; YEAS 8 NAYS 3 -HJ 550
• Pending review of CS under Rule 7.18(c)
• CS by Government Operations and Technology Appropriations Subcommittee read 1st time -HJ 546
• Now in Commerce Committee -HJ 568
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce Committee, 02/20/20, 9:00 am, Webster Hall
• CS/CS by- Commerce Committee; YEAS 21 NAYS 0 -HJ 639
• Pending review of CS -under Rule 7.18(c)
• Placed on Calendar -HJ 638
• CS/CS by Commerce Committee read 1st time -HJ 634
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/03/20
• Read 2nd time -HJ 711
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -HJ 735
• CS passed; YEAS 108 NAYS 9 -HJ 735
• In Messages
• Referred to Innovation, Industry, and Technology; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations -SJ 473
• Received -SJ 473
• Indefinitely postponed and withdrawn from consideration
• Died in Innovation, Industry, and Technology
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.