CS/SB 1084: Volunteer Ambulance Services
GENERAL BILL by Health Policy ; Pizzo ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Book ; Rodriguez
Volunteer Ambulance Services; Authorizing certain medical staff of a volunteer ambulance service to use red lights on a privately owned vehicle under certain circumstances; authorizing vehicles of volunteer ambulance services to show or display red lights and operate emergency lights and sirens under certain circumstances; prohibiting certain medical staff of volunteer ambulance services from operating red warning signals when not responding to an emergency in the line of duty; exempting certain first responder agencies from certificate of public convenience and necessity requirements, etc.
Last Action: 4/26/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 805 (Ch. 2021-90) -SJ 686
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Health Policy (HP)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Health Policy; Community Affairs; Appropriations -SJ 115
• Introduced -SJ 114
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/10/21, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 239
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 243
• Original reference(s) removed: Community Affairs
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations -SJ 255
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/21/21, 4:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 16 NAYS 3 -SJ 642
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/21 -SJ 720
• Read 2nd time -SJ 685
• Substituted CS/CS/CS/HB 805 -SJ 686
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/CS/HB 805 (Ch. 2021-90) -SJ 686
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.