CS/SB 1140: Unlawful Use of DNA
Unlawful Use of DNA; Citing this act as as the "Protecting DNA Privacy Act"; prohibiting DNA analysis and disclosure of DNA analysis results without express consent; prohibiting the collection or retention of a DNA sample of another person without express consent for specified purposes; prohibiting specified DNA analysis and disclosure of DNA analysis results without express consent, etc.
Last Action: 4/29/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 833 (Ch. 2021-216) -SJ 856
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Policy; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 119
• Introduced -SJ 119
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/10/21, 10:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Health Policy; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 238
• Now in Commerce and Tourism
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/22/21, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 312
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/06/21, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 3 -SJ 379
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 380
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/21 -SJ 957
• Read 2nd time -SJ 855
• Substituted CS/HB 833 -SJ 856
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 833 (Ch. 2021-216) -SJ 856
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.