CS/SB 1294: Cottage Food Operations
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Brodeur
Cottage Food Operations; Citing this act as the "Home Sweet Home Act"; revising the definition of the term “cottage food operation”; increasing the annual gross sales limitation for exempting cottage food operations from certain food and building permitting requirements; authorizing the sale, offer for sale, acceptance of payment, and delivery of cottage food products by mail; preempting the regulation of cottage food operations to the state; prohibiting local governments from prohibiting cottage food operations or regulating cottage food products by cottage food operations, etc.
Last Action: 4/28/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 663 (Ch. 2021-211) -SJ 752
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Regulated Industries; Commerce and Tourism; Rules -SJ 130
• Introduced -SJ 130
• On Committee agenda-- Regulated Industries, 03/09/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Regulated Industries; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 190
• Now in Commerce and Tourism
• On Committee agenda-- Commerce and Tourism, 03/22/21, 3:30 pm, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Commerce and Tourism; YEAS 7 NAYS 2 -SJ 312
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/20/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 2 -SJ 559
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 560
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/26/21 -SJ 721
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 720
• Retained on Special Order Calendar -SJ 745
• Read 2nd time -SJ 751
• Substituted CS/HB 663 -SJ 752
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 663 (Ch. 2021-211) -SJ 752
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.