CS/SB 1324: Digital Driver Licenses and Identification Cards
GENERAL BILL by Rules ; Harrell
Digital Driver Licenses and Identification Cards; Requiring the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles to establish a secure and uniform system for issuing optional digital proofs of driver licenses and identification cards; authorizing the department to contract with one or more private entities to develop an electronic credentialing system; authorizing the department to enter into contracts with private entities for a specified purpose; prohibiting entities from storing, selling, or sharing personal information collected from scanning the digital proofs of driver licenses and identification cards, etc.
Last Action: 4/22/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1313 (Ch. 2021-235), CS/HB 1315 (Ch. 2021-236) -SJ 620
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations; Rules -SJ 133
• Introduced -SJ 132
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/10/21, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Transportation; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 247
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/15/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 471
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/20/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 559
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/22/21 -SJ 642
• CS by Rules read 1st time -SJ 561
• Read 2nd time -SJ 619
• Substituted CS/HB 1313 -SJ 620
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1313 (Ch. 2021-235), CS/HB 1315 (Ch. 2021-236) -SJ 620
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.