CS/SB 138: Electric Vehicles
GENERAL BILL by Transportation ; Brandes ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Rodriguez
Electric Vehicles; Revising the principles relating to mobility which the department’s goals are required to address; requiring that certain funds be used for specified purposes relating to the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Grant Program, beginning in a specified year; requiring the department to establish the Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Grant Program; providing for the distribution of grants to certain entities to install electric vehicle charging infrastructure; requiring the department to coordinate, develop, and recommend a supplemental master plan to address innovations in electric vehicle charging station infrastructure and the development of high-powered charging infrastructure for electric aircraft; prohibiting certain rules adopted by the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services from requiring specific methods of sale for electric vehicle charging equipment used and services provided in this state, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2021 Senate - Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1289 (Ch. 2021-233)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Transportation (TR)
- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development (ATD)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Transportation; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 47
• Introduced -SJ 47
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/10/21, 8:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 247
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 250
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development, 03/23/21, 8:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• Subcommittee Recommendation: CS/CS by Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; YEAS 11 NAYS 0 -SJ 325
• Now in Appropriations
• Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1289 (Ch. 2021-233)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.