CS/SB 1568: Department of Health
GENERAL BILL by Health Policy ; Rodriguez
Department of Health; Revising the purpose of the department’s targeted outreach program for certain pregnant women; requiring the department to provide, for a specified purpose, continued oversight of newborns exposed to HIV; revising provisions related to administrative fines for violations relating to onsite sewage treatment and disposal systems and septic tank contracting; exempting certain specialty hospitals from prohibitions relating to the employment of dentists and dental hygienists and the control of dental equipment and materials by nondentists; revising provisions relating to licensure by endorsement of midwives, etc.
Last Action: 4/2/2021 Senate - Now in Appropriations
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Health Policy; Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services; Appropriations -SJ 150
• Introduced -SJ 150
• On Committee agenda-- Health Policy, 03/31/21, 8:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Health Policy; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 342
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Health Policy read 1st time -SJ 352
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations -SJ 383
• Now in Appropriations
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.