HB 1585: Government Accountability
GENERAL BILL by Barnaby ; Fine ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Yarborough
Government Accountability; Creates Florida Integrity Office under Auditor General; provides duties & powers of Florida Integrity Officer, Auditor General, Chief Inspector General, & agency inspectors general; provides requirements for awards given to employees who report under Whistle-blower's Act; revises requirements for public agency contracts; requires Office of Inspector General of DOE to conduct investigations relating to waste, fraud, abuse, or mismanagement against district school board or Florida College System institution.
Last Action: 4/30/2021 Senate - Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1079 (Ch. 2021-225), SB 2502 (Ch. 2021-37)
Bill Text: PDF
- Appropriations (AP)
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Referred to Public Integrity & Elections Committee
• Referred to State Affairs Committee
• Now in Public Integrity & Elections Committee
• Added to Public Integrity & Elections Committee agenda
• Favorable by Public Integrity & Elections Committee
• Reported out of Public Integrity & Elections Committee
• Now in State Affairs Committee
• Added to State Affairs Committee agenda
• Favorable by State Affairs Committee
• Reported out of State Affairs Committee
• Bill released to House Calendar
• Added to Second Reading Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/13/2021)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• Passed; YEAS 79, NAYS 37
• Message sent to senate
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 504
• Received -SJ 504
• Died in Appropriations, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 1079 (Ch. 2021-225), SB 2502 (Ch. 2021-37)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.