CS/SB 1728: Out-of-state Fee Waiver for Nonresident Students
GENERAL BILL by Education ; Baxley ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Garcia
Out-of-state Fee Waiver for Nonresident Students; Requiring a state university to waive the out-of-state fee for a nonresident student who meets certain requirements; requiring each state university to report specified information regarding such out-of-state fee waivers to the Board of Governors annually; enacting the Grandchild Out-of-State Fees Waiver Compact; requiring postsecondary educational institutions located within member states to waive out-of-state fees for students who meet specified criteria, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2021 House - Died in Messages; companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1261 (Ch. 2021-232)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Education (ED)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Education; Appropriations Subcommittee on Education; Appropriations -SJ 198
• Introduced -SJ 198
• On Committee agenda-- Education, 03/23/21, 12:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Education; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 324
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Original reference(s) removed: Appropriations Subcommittee on Education
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations -SJ 332
• Now in Appropriations
• CS by Education read 1st time -SJ 330
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/15/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 14 NAYS 6 -SJ 472
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/21 -SJ 559
• Read 2nd time -SJ 538
• Amendment(s) adopted (198412)
• Ordered engrossed -SJ 539
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 578
• In Messages
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 38 NAYS 1 -SJ 579
• Died in Messages; companion bill(s) passed, see CS/HB 1261 (Ch. 2021-232)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.