CS/HB 183: Office of Minority Health and Health Equity
GENERAL BILL by Professions and Public Health Subcommittee ; Brown ; Joseph ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Arrington ; Benjamin ; Bush ; Davis ; Driskell ; Duran ; Eskamani ; Morales ; Nixon ; Robinson, F. ; Thompson
Office of Minority Health and Health Equity; Requires Office of Minority Health & Health Equity to develop & promote statewide implementation of certain policies, programs, & practices; requires representative from each county health department to serve as minority health liaison; requires DOH to maintain specified information on its website; requires office to serve as liaison to & assist certain federal offices.
Last Action: 4/26/2021 House - Ordered enrolled
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Professions and Public Health Subcommittee; Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee; Health and Human Services Committee
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Added to Professions & Public Health Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable with CS by Professions & Public Health Subcommittee
• Reported out of Professions & Public Health Subcommittee
• Laid on Table under Rule 7.18(a)
• CS Filed
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Referred to Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee
• Referred to Health & Human Services Committee
• Now in Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee
• Added to Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee
• Reported out of Health Care Appropriations Subcommittee
• Now in Health & Human Services Committee
• Added to Health & Human Services Committee agenda
• Favorable by Health & Human Services Committee
• Reported out of Health & Human Services Committee
• Bill released to House Calendar
• Added to Second Reading Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/22/2021)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 117, NAYS 0
• In Messages
• Referred to Appropriations -SJ 653
• Message sent to senate
• Received -SJ 653
• Withdrawn from Appropriations -SJ 691
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Substituted for CS/SB 404 -SJ 691
• Read 2nd time -SJ 691
• Read 3rd time -SJ 691
• CS passed; YEAS 38 NAYS 0 -SJ 691
• In Messages
• Ordered enrolled
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.