CS/CS/SB 1954: Statewide Flooding and Sea Level Rise Resilience
GENERAL BILL by Appropriations ; Environment and Natural Resources ; Rodrigues ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Garcia ; Rodriguez
Statewide Flooding and Sea Level Rise Resilience; Establishing the Resilient Florida Grant Program within the Department of Environmental Protection; requiring the department to complete a comprehensive statewide flood vulnerability and sea level rise data set and assessment by specified dates; requiring the department to develop an annual Statewide Flooding and Sea Level Rise Resilience Plan and submit the plan to the Governor and Legislature by a specified date; requiring the department to implement a scoring system for assessing projects eligible for inclusion in the plan, etc.
Last Action: 5/13/2021 - Chapter No. 2021-28, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 2512 (Ch. 2021-39), SB 2514 (Ch. 2021-29), SB 2500 (Ch. 2021-36)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Environment and Natural Resources (EN)
- Appropriations (AP)
• Referred to Environment and Natural Resources; Appropriations -SJ 219
• Introduced -SJ 218
• On Committee agenda-- Environment and Natural Resources, 03/15/21, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Environment and Natural Resources; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 271
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations
• CS by Environment and Natural Resources read 1st time -SJ 280
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 03/31/21, 1:00 pm, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/01/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 343
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/07/21 -SJ 378
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 354
• Read 2nd time -SJ 376
• Amendment(s) adopted (132074) -SJ 376
• Read 3rd time -SJ 378
• CS passed as amended; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 378
• The Senate requests that the House pass the bill as passed by the Senate or agree to include the bill in the Budget Conference -SJ 378
• Immediately certified -SJ 378
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• 1st Reading (Engrossed 1)
• Added to Second Reading Calendar
• Substituted for CS/HB 7019
• Read 2nd time
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 118, NAYS 0
• Immediately certified
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 413
• Message sent to senate
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-28, companion bill(s) passed, see SB 2512 (Ch. 2021-39), SB 2514 (Ch. 2021-29), SB 2500 (Ch. 2021-36)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.