CS/SB 222: Abandoned Cemeteries
Abandoned Cemeteries; Creating the Task Force on Abandoned African-American Cemeteries; requiring the Department of State to partner with specified entities to undertake an investigation of the former Zion Cemetery site; requiring the department to contract with the University of South Florida and Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University for the identification and location of eligible next of kin; directing the Division of Historical Resources of the department to ensure the listing of certain cemeteries in the Florida Master Site File; requiring the division to seek placement of historical markers at certain abandoned cemeteries, subject to certain limitations, etc.
Last Action: 4/29/2021 Senate - Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 37 (Ch. 2021-60) -SJ 859
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 53
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 01/27/21, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Building --Temporarily Postponed
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/17/21, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 177
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development
• Introduced -SJ 53
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 167
• Withdrawn from Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation, Tourism, and Economic Development; Appropriations -SJ 796
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/29/21 -SJ 796
• Read 2nd time -SJ 859
• Substituted CS/CS/HB 37 -SJ 859
• Laid on Table, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/HB 37 (Ch. 2021-60) -SJ 859
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.