CS/SB 342: Vehicle and Vessel Registration
GENERAL BILL by Transportation ; Diaz
Vehicle and Vessel Registration; Authorizing tax collectors to determine service charges collected by privately owned license plate agents for motor vehicle titles; requiring that additional service charges be itemized and disclosed to the person paying them; requiring a license plate agent to enter into a contract with the tax collector for a certain purpose; requiring tax collectors and approved license plate agents to enter into a memorandum of understanding with the department for a certain purpose, etc.
Last Action: 4/27/2021 House - Message sent to senate
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Transportation; Finance and Tax; Rules -SJ 60
• On Committee agenda-- Transportation, 03/03/21, 9:30 am, 110 Senate Building
• Introduced -SJ 60
• CS by Transportation; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 192
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Finance and Tax
• CS by Transportation read 1st time -SJ 229
• On Committee agenda-- Finance and Tax, 03/18/21, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Finance and Tax; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 282
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/06/21, 9:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 378
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/14/21 -SJ 465
• Read 2nd time -SJ 417
• Read 3rd time -SJ 417
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 417
• Immediately certified -SJ 465
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/26/2021)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 116, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 745
• Message sent to senate
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.