CS/SB 378: Payment for Construction Services
GENERAL BILL by Governmental Oversight and Accountability ; Bradley
Payment for Construction Services; Increasing the interest rate for certain payments for purchases of construction services; specifying that a person, firm, or corporation who fails to make certain payments relating to public projects commits a misapplication of construction funds and is subject to criminal penalties; increasing the interest rate for overdue payments for the purchase of construction services; expanding the list of actions for which a licensee may be disciplined by the Construction Industry Licensing Board; requiring the board to suspend certain licenses for a minimum period of time under certain circumstances, etc.
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Governmental Oversight and Accountability (GO)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Community Affairs; Governmental Oversight and Accountability; Rules -SJ 63
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 01/26/21, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 176
• Now in Governmental Oversight and Accountability
• On Committee agenda-- Governmental Oversight and Accountability, 02/17/21, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 178
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• Introduced -SJ 63
• CS by Governmental Oversight and Accountability read 1st time -SJ 170
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/18/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building --Not Considered
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/25/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 17 NAYS 0 -SJ 324
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/01/21 -SJ 341
• Read 2nd time -SJ 336
• Read 3rd time -SJ 337
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 337
• Immediately certified -SJ 341
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/23/2021)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Substituted for CS/CS/HB 585
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 114, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 723
• Message sent to senate
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-124
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.