CS/SB 470: Public Records/Expunged Criminal History Records
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Judiciary ; Bracy
Public Records/Expunged Criminal History Records; Providing an exemption from public records requirements for specified expunged criminal history records; providing exceptions; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2021 House - Died in Messages
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
• Referred to Judiciary; Criminal Justice; Appropriations -SJ 68
• Introduced -SJ 68
• On Committee agenda-- Judiciary, 03/15/21, 3:30 pm, 412 Knott Building
• CS by Judiciary; YEAS 10 NAYS 0 -SJ 271
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Criminal Justice
• CS by Judiciary read 1st time -SJ 274
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/30/21, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• Favorable by Criminal Justice; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 341
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/15/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Appropriations; YEAS 20 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/21 -SJ 559
• Read 2nd time -SJ 539
• Read 3rd time -SJ 539
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 539
• In Messages
• Died in Messages
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.