CS/HB 51: Charter Schools
GENERAL BILL by Early Learning and Elementary Education Subcommittee ; McClain ; (CO-INTRODUCERS) Duggan
Charter Schools; Authorizes state universities & Florida College System institutions to sponsor charter schools; provides funding; authorizes career & professional academy to be offered by charter school; revises provisions related to charter school reporting, accountability requirements, student population, denial of application, contracts, immediate termination, enrollment preference, curriculum changes, high-performing charter schools, & exceptional student education center programs.
Last Action: 3/22/2021 House - Now in Education & Employment Committee
Bill Text: PDF
• Referred to Post-Secondary Education and Lifelong Learning Subcommittee; PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee; Early Learning and Elementary Education Subcommittee; Education and Employment Committee
• Added to Post-Secondary Education & Lifelong Learning Subcommittee agenda
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Favorable by Post-Secondary Education & Lifelong Learning Subcommittee
• Reported out of Post-Secondary Education & Lifelong Learning Subcommittee
• Now in PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee
• Added to PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable by PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee
• Reported out of PreK-12 Appropriations Subcommittee
• Now in Early Learning & Elementary Education Subcommittee
• Added to Early Learning & Elementary Education Subcommittee agenda
• Favorable with CS by Early Learning & Elementary Education Subcommittee
• Reported out of Early Learning & Elementary Education Subcommittee
• Laid on Table under Rule 7.18(a)
• CS Filed
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Referred to Education & Employment Committee
• Now in Education & Employment Committee
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.