SB 518: Drones
GENERAL BILL by Diaz
Drones; Expanding the authorized uses of drones by a state agency or political subdivision to include the assessment of damage due to natural disasters, etc.
Last Action: 4/30/2021 Senate - Died in returning Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 44 (Ch. 2021-165)
Bill Text: Web Page | PDF
- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security (MS)
- Community Affairs (CA)
- Rules (RC)
• Referred to Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 71
• Introduced -SJ 71
• On Committee agenda-- Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security, 03/09/21, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Military and Veterans Affairs, Space, and Domestic Security; YEAS 5 NAYS 0 -SJ 238
• Now in Community Affairs
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/30/21, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 341
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/16/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 04/20/21, 8:30 am, 412 Knott Building
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 14 NAYS 0 -SJ 472
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/21 -SJ 559
• Read 2nd time -SJ 517
• Read 3rd time -SJ 517
• Passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 517
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/26/2021)
• 1st Reading (Original Filed Version)
• Amendment 115797 filed
• Read 2nd time
• Amendment 115797 adopted
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• Passed as amended; YEAS 102, NAYS 15
• In returning messages
• Message sent to senate
• Died in returning Messages, companion bill(s) passed, see CS/CS/SB 44 (Ch. 2021-165)
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.