CS/SB 68: Public Records/Staff and Domestic Violence Advocates of Domestic Violence Centers
PUBLIC RECORDS/GENERAL BILL by Criminal Justice ; Garcia
Public Records/Staff and Domestic Violence Advocates of Domestic Violence Centers; Exempting personal identifying and location information of current and former staff and domestic violence advocates of domestic violence centers certified by the Department of Children and Families under ch. 39, F.S., and personal identifying and location information of spouses and children of such personnel, from public records requirements; providing for future legislative review and repeal of the exemption; providing a statement of public necessity, etc.
• Referred to Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; Criminal Justice; Rules -SJ 41
• On Committee agenda-- Children, Families, and Elder Affairs, 02/03/21, 9:00 am, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Children, Families, and Elder Affairs; YEAS 8 NAYS 0 -SJ 176
• Now in Criminal Justice
• On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 02/16/21, 9:00 am, 110 Senate Building
• CS by Criminal Justice; YEAS 7 NAYS 0 -SJ 178
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Now in Rules
• On Committee agenda-- Rules, 03/04/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• Introduced -SJ 41
• CS by Criminal Justice read 1st time -SJ 164
• Favorable by- Rules; YEAS 16 NAYS 0 -SJ 191
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 03/11/21 -SJ 238
• Read 2nd time -SJ 237
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Read 3rd time -SJ 260
• CS passed; YEAS 35 NAYS 3 -SJ 260
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/26/2021)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 1)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 115, NAYS 0
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 745
• Message sent to senate
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-48
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.