CS/CS/SB 694: Waste Management
Waste Management; Requiring the Department of Environmental Protection to review and update its report on retail bags and submit the updated report to the Legislature by a specified date; requiring a local government to pay a specified amount of compensation to a displaced private waste company at the end of a specified notice period; removing a provision authorizing a local government to pay a specified amount of compensation to a private waste company as an alternative to delaying displacement for a specified period; defining the term “storm-generated yard trash”, etc.
• Referred to Environment and Natural Resources; Community Affairs; Rules -SJ 85
• On Committee agenda-- Environment and Natural Resources, 02/15/21, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• Favorable by Environment and Natural Resources; YEAS 6 NAYS 0 -SJ 176
• Now in Community Affairs
• Introduced -SJ 85
• On Committee agenda-- Community Affairs, 03/30/21, 3:30 pm, 37 Senate Building
• CS by Community Affairs; YEAS 9 NAYS 0 -SJ 343
• Pending reference review under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• CS by Community Affairs read 1st time -SJ 348
• Original reference(s) removed: Rules
• Remaining references corrected to Appropriations -SJ 382
• Now in Appropriations
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/15/21, 9:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• On Committee agenda-- Appropriations, 04/19/21, 10:00 am, 412 Knott Building
• CS/CS by- Appropriations; YEAS 17 NAYS 3 -SJ 472
• Pending reference review -under Rule 4.7(2) - (Committee Substitute)
• Placed on Calendar, on 2nd reading
• Placed on Special Order Calendar, 04/21/21 -SJ 559
• CS/CS by Appropriations read 1st time -SJ 476
• Read 2nd time -SJ 517
• Read 3rd time -SJ 517
• CS passed; YEAS 40 NAYS 0 -SJ 517
• In Messages
• Bill referred to House Calendar
• Bill added to Special Order Calendar (4/26/2021)
• 1st Reading (Committee Substitute 2)
• Read 2nd time
• Placed on 3rd reading
• Added to Third Reading Calendar
• Read 3rd time
• CS passed; YEAS 112, NAYS 2
• Ordered enrolled -SJ 746
• Message sent to senate
• Signed by Officers and presented to Governor
• Approved by Governor
• Chapter No. 2021-125
Companion bills that are identical word-for-word, not including titles. However, Resolutions and Concurrent Resolutions are considered identical if the only difference is the word "House" or "Senate."
Companion bills that are substantially similar in text or have substantial portions of text that are largely the same.
Bills that have selected provisions that are similar in text.
A bill that is contingent upon passage of another bill within the same chamber, e.g., a trust fund bill, a bill providing a public record exemption, or an implementing bill.
The page numbers, when listed, for citations are constantly under review. The journals or printed bills of the respective chambers should be consulted as the official documents of the Legislature.
The links for the page numbers are formatted to open the bill text PDF directly to the page containing the citation. However, if your browser is set to open PDFs in a new window, as is often the case with 64-bit browsers, the bill text will open to the first page.